Friday, June 22, 2007
I remember roz having to write an insane number of words on whether the paparazzi should get sued for invading the private lives of the famous. And this part of notting hill came to mind. i'm starting to think that they should get sued.
its just sad... that their heartbreaks get trivialised like that...almost to the extent that they get made fun of.
ANNA
Well, I've been on a diet since I was
nineteen, which means basically I've
been hungry for a decade. I've had a
sequence of not nice boyfriends -- one
of whom hit me: and every time my heart
gets broken it gets splashed across
the newspapers as entertainment.
Meantime, it cost millions to get me
looking like this...
HONEY
Really?
ANNA
Really -- and one day, not long from
now...
While she says this, quiet settles around the table. The thing
is -- she sort of means it and is opening up to them.
ANNA
... my looks will go, they'll find out
I can't act and I'll become a sad
middle-aged woman who looks a bit like
someone who was famous for a while.
Silence... they all look at her... then.
MAX
Nah!!! Nice try, gorgeous -- but you
don't fool anyone.
The mood is instantly broken. They all laugh.
i mean after all, they killed princess diana.
its just sad... that their heartbreaks get trivialised like that...almost to the extent that they get made fun of.
ANNA
Well, I've been on a diet since I was
nineteen, which means basically I've
been hungry for a decade. I've had a
sequence of not nice boyfriends -- one
of whom hit me: and every time my heart
gets broken it gets splashed across
the newspapers as entertainment.
Meantime, it cost millions to get me
looking like this...
HONEY
Really?
ANNA
Really -- and one day, not long from
now...
While she says this, quiet settles around the table. The thing
is -- she sort of means it and is opening up to them.
ANNA
... my looks will go, they'll find out
I can't act and I'll become a sad
middle-aged woman who looks a bit like
someone who was famous for a while.
Silence... they all look at her... then.
MAX
Nah!!! Nice try, gorgeous -- but you
don't fool anyone.
The mood is instantly broken. They all laugh.
i mean after all, they killed princess diana.
// posted by diana at 6:49 PM :: 0 comments