curiosity kills the cat
curiosity kills the cat
curiosity kills the cat
Thursday, March 08, 2007
i have a patient tomorrow :( and then a project meeting straight after the patient... i've always hated fridays since last year. the last day of the week and it always has to be the most scary one...
but having patients are good. it forces u to step out of ur comfort zone and fake confidence even though u're shaking on the inside haha! i remember our lecturer telling us to do that... fake confidence. and it forces u to study and apply what u've learnt... and makes u more willing to learn i guess. so its all good (:
i had a damn good tuesday... cos the whole day is prac on tues... no boring lectures! and the pracs arent counted... just everybody practising stuff on each other... and the demonstrators aren't scary anymore! they just help u along and make sure u dont fall behind... managed to practise my tonometry! twice! vivien kinda scratched my cornea a little in the process grrr haha :P but it didn't hurt cos the local anaesthetic was still working... phewww... at least she didnt give me an alcohol burn! haha... and we all got private tuition on the slit lamp... :D i think i can finally do it properly... in time for tomorrow. i felt very accomplished on tues... :D
IZZIE: "Oh, my god. Cristina, you will not believe what I just did! I'm gonna tell you, but you're not gonna believe it. You're gonna think I made the whole thing up."
CRISTINA: "You're back? Is Meredith back?"
IZZIE: "I drilled a hole into this guy's skull. Several holes, actually. With a drill that I borrowed from a guy named Vince, packed the whole with freakin' tissue then brought him back here. Now I get to scrub in on his craniotomy."
CRISTINA: "So you haven't seen Meredith?"
IZZIE: "It was like a ride. This crazy roller coaster ride with adrenaline shooting out of my ears. You would think that my hands would have been shaking, but they weren't. There was no shaking. Did I mention the drill?"
CRISTINA: "Okay, Izzie. I get it. You're a hero, I am jealous. But I need to know where the hell Meredith is."
IZZIE: "Okay... I don't know where the hell Meredith is. But she should be back here. I didn't see her at the scene. The scene where I was a rock star by the way. Did I mention that I'm off probation?"
CRISTINA: [glares]
IZZIE: "Rock star!"
i kinda felt like that... but im sure on a smaller scale...
hope tmr goes well! *gulp*
i hope i get a nice patient haha... they tend to be more cooperative when they know u're a student. and they tend to underestimate the amount of practise we've had... which is good! the more they underestimate, the better. im not worried abt the marks anymore... doesn't really matter anymore...
also, i feel like many things have been thrown in my path this week... uninvited stuff... like road kill on a night drive... im trying my best to run away from all of it and block it off. but its not really working. :( i feel im getting a bit more tired and im losing my steam... i dunno, can't really say much here. i just feel a bit empty cos daph's not at home much nowadays. and i hate this feeling of emptiness...
hmmmmm shouldn't be thinking about it now... studyyy!
but having patients are good. it forces u to step out of ur comfort zone and fake confidence even though u're shaking on the inside haha! i remember our lecturer telling us to do that... fake confidence. and it forces u to study and apply what u've learnt... and makes u more willing to learn i guess. so its all good (:
i had a damn good tuesday... cos the whole day is prac on tues... no boring lectures! and the pracs arent counted... just everybody practising stuff on each other... and the demonstrators aren't scary anymore! they just help u along and make sure u dont fall behind... managed to practise my tonometry! twice! vivien kinda scratched my cornea a little in the process grrr haha :P but it didn't hurt cos the local anaesthetic was still working... phewww... at least she didnt give me an alcohol burn! haha... and we all got private tuition on the slit lamp... :D i think i can finally do it properly... in time for tomorrow. i felt very accomplished on tues... :D
IZZIE: "Oh, my god. Cristina, you will not believe what I just did! I'm gonna tell you, but you're not gonna believe it. You're gonna think I made the whole thing up."
CRISTINA: "You're back? Is Meredith back?"
IZZIE: "I drilled a hole into this guy's skull. Several holes, actually. With a drill that I borrowed from a guy named Vince, packed the whole with freakin' tissue then brought him back here. Now I get to scrub in on his craniotomy."
CRISTINA: "So you haven't seen Meredith?"
IZZIE: "It was like a ride. This crazy roller coaster ride with adrenaline shooting out of my ears. You would think that my hands would have been shaking, but they weren't. There was no shaking. Did I mention the drill?"
CRISTINA: "Okay, Izzie. I get it. You're a hero, I am jealous. But I need to know where the hell Meredith is."
IZZIE: "Okay... I don't know where the hell Meredith is. But she should be back here. I didn't see her at the scene. The scene where I was a rock star by the way. Did I mention that I'm off probation?"
CRISTINA: [glares]
IZZIE: "Rock star!"
i kinda felt like that... but im sure on a smaller scale...
hope tmr goes well! *gulp*
i hope i get a nice patient haha... they tend to be more cooperative when they know u're a student. and they tend to underestimate the amount of practise we've had... which is good! the more they underestimate, the better. im not worried abt the marks anymore... doesn't really matter anymore...
also, i feel like many things have been thrown in my path this week... uninvited stuff... like road kill on a night drive... im trying my best to run away from all of it and block it off. but its not really working. :( i feel im getting a bit more tired and im losing my steam... i dunno, can't really say much here. i just feel a bit empty cos daph's not at home much nowadays. and i hate this feeling of emptiness...
hmmmmm shouldn't be thinking about it now... studyyy!
// posted by diana at 8:59 PM :: 1 comments