she's such a fortunate fool

she's such a fortunate fool

she's such a fortunate fool

Saturday, July 09, 2005

My whole friday was filled with timely reminders that I should really learn to be more grateful and not be the "ungrateful creature" that my mother sometimes likes to call me.

I slept in as much as I could till about 10 15 am and then had to rush down to KFC along swanston to meet estee to grab a few proposals and take in last minute instructions before we split ways to go door knocking, begging restaurants and fashion retailers to sponsor the dance production.

On the way to Chinatown, Daph and I fretted about our half past six chinese and frantically tried to string sentences together to prevent the scenario of either of us getting tongue tied and looking very unprofessional. I even called my china friend to ask how to say advertisement in chinese! When i took my phone out of my bag, i realised i missed a call from my other optom friend (I didn't know she already came back from malaysia!). anyways, so i called her back... and she told me about her results... and i felt so helpless. I felt bad that all i could say was "cheer up, it'll be okay". i wish i could have done more. like offer to go with her and bang down the lecturer's door and bargain for marks. haiya... so this got me damn worried about my own results. i think i might have been one of the last to check cos i was really so damn scared!

Anyways, so our first stop was this beijing hot pot and dumpling place. the manager's so poor thing!!! so now daph and i and estee call her the poor thing lady. See, her mum doesn't allow her to spend money on placing ads in the papers/anywhere in general cos she suffered lots of losses in the past due to advertising. But despite her past, she was more than willing to put an advertisement in our programme. haiya, i feel so sorry for her!!! I think I shall go eat there one day.

Wanted to go to singapore chom chom and foodbowl but foodbowl was closed and singapore chom chom was too busy to entertain us. Kimurakan was interested to sponsor us though!!! Happiness :D the manager looked like he wasn't interested at first. Honestly, he looked a bit scary to me and i was talking really fast but in the end, it worked out pretty well. I really didn't think they'd be interested because they're already quite well known. Yeah, so anyway, after that, to get the job done more quickly, we targeted many uluated restaurants/restaurants with really bad business. haha. hopefully they'll all want to sponsor us. *fingers crossed*

After four hours, we managed to get 10 interested sponsors and estee and amanda managed to get about 10 interested sponsors too. :D

Daph and I then dragged our poor aching feet home, dreading to check our results... harghhh... Dad was standing behind me when i checked mine and he was like "wait wait wait! don't scroll down yet! cover the screen!" okay, so we covered the screen together and looked at it one by one...

Biochem: 60 P ( I'M SO SAD ABOUT THIS)
.
.
.
Physiology: 80 H1
.
.
.
Anatomy: 76 H2a
.
.
.
Human Visual Functions: 72 H2b (I'M ALSO SAD ABOUT THIS)

wahhhh :'( later, I told him that I would have felt better if we didn't cover the screen because then the happiness from the H1 would neutralise the sadness from the P... I think i suffered a damn big blow when i saw the P... especially since it was the first result i saw. haiyaaaaaaaa.

Numbed with disappointment, i went to sleep. woke up at about 530 and rushed to my mother's friends' place for a steamboat dinner.

They live in a really nice estate in the suburbs where all the houses are identical, the hedges are neat, the lawns are neat and the road, perfectly tarred. think wysteria (sp??) lane!!! i forgot their names already. oops. but basically, they're this couple trying to get a baby through IVF... it was pretty interesting sitting at the dinner table listening to how i came about and what my mum had to go through while I was still in the womb. apparently, my dad had to give her daily hormone shots which go straight into the muscle. and my poor mum couldn't walk for a few days. eeps.

The night dragged on and we finally went home. I was still in a mopey mood. sigh... tried to make myself happy by listening to phantom planet, rooney, the killers-type music. kinda worked and after all these years, i finally realise how nice "the guest" is!!! i woke up (after falling asleep by the speakers) when i received a msg from a friend about boyfriend troubles and i heard this really nice guitar part! really really nice. dunno why i've never ever really paid attention to it.

was still a little bit sad though. sigh... i should learn not to take things so hard! i must always always remember to tell myself that i didn't fail a subject and i can go on to the next semester and try again! i'm not running a failing business nor am i part of a couple trying for a baby...(in fact, God gave me great child bearing hips! haha) nor am i going through any trouble with the boy girl business... my life is perfectly peachy.

silly me.


// posted by diana at 11:50 PM :: 3 comments