baking day
baking day
baking day
Sunday, July 03, 2005
I'm still thinking about last night, replaying the images in my head over and over again. I think I watched the ballet so intently and made sure to scrutinize every single detail that my eyeballs nearly popped out of their sockets. 0_0
In other news, it was baking day in the Loo residence today. :) Daph and I baked apple crumble and our famous SCONES for old times sake. BUT there's a twist to it. brace yourselves.
I wanted to give up halfway through peeling the apples. Today, I learnt that peelers and Diana really dont fit well together because they keep threatening to peel the skin off my fingers instead of the skin off the fruit in hand!!! and i rejected daph's offers of help, you see, I'm one of those stubborn creatures who really like to figure things out by myself because if I don't, I'd just feel really... well, underachived. :(
After I peeled the apples, it was time to make the crust for the apple crumble. I was still wearing my favourite black cardigan at this stage, u know the kinds that have a ribbon around the waist area which makes u feel all feminine. yes so pretty right!!! i had to change out of it into this grubby faded planet hollywood t shirt that i got from vegas about six years ago and get down and dirty with the flour and the butter and the sugar and all that. my goodness, i'm such a messy baker, but still hygenic la. hehe. everything around the mixing bowl was like spilling over and what not, but the mixing bowl itself, i assure u was as sterile as an injection needle. :D despite the unglamness of it all, it was super duper fun! and the crust turned out really nice, if i do say so meself. :)
we still had raspberry jelo left over after making the apple crumble. so brilliant me suggested that we do the scones... and then stuff them with the remaining jelo so that it'll ooze out when eaten. haha. but in the end, we gave up so we just ended up mixing the jelo with the original scone mixture and got PINK scones. :s TADA!!!
how exciting. photos coming soon.
In other news, it was baking day in the Loo residence today. :) Daph and I baked apple crumble and our famous SCONES for old times sake. BUT there's a twist to it. brace yourselves.
I wanted to give up halfway through peeling the apples. Today, I learnt that peelers and Diana really dont fit well together because they keep threatening to peel the skin off my fingers instead of the skin off the fruit in hand!!! and i rejected daph's offers of help, you see, I'm one of those stubborn creatures who really like to figure things out by myself because if I don't, I'd just feel really... well, underachived. :(
After I peeled the apples, it was time to make the crust for the apple crumble. I was still wearing my favourite black cardigan at this stage, u know the kinds that have a ribbon around the waist area which makes u feel all feminine. yes so pretty right!!! i had to change out of it into this grubby faded planet hollywood t shirt that i got from vegas about six years ago and get down and dirty with the flour and the butter and the sugar and all that. my goodness, i'm such a messy baker, but still hygenic la. hehe. everything around the mixing bowl was like spilling over and what not, but the mixing bowl itself, i assure u was as sterile as an injection needle. :D despite the unglamness of it all, it was super duper fun! and the crust turned out really nice, if i do say so meself. :)
we still had raspberry jelo left over after making the apple crumble. so brilliant me suggested that we do the scones... and then stuff them with the remaining jelo so that it'll ooze out when eaten. haha. but in the end, we gave up so we just ended up mixing the jelo with the original scone mixture and got PINK scones. :s TADA!!!
how exciting. photos coming soon.
// posted by diana at 5:39 PM :: 0 comments